Saturday, January 8, 2011

Calla, Calla!

Calla Lilies are one of my favorite flowers, and I have always wanted to have them in my yard.  Now, my dream is getting closer to come true!

I planted 2 bulbs in my front yard.  They spouted out and grew fairly quickly.  This is about 3 weeks after I planted the bulbs.  Big leaves!

Another month past, and this is about 2-months after I planted the bulbs.  Unfortunately, one of them was ruined by a heavy rain we had in San Diego.  I procrastinated to put up the rain gutters, so all the water from the roofs dripped on the very spot these were planted.  I am glad one survived, though!

 Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who helped putting up the rain gutters, the survived Calla wasn't hit too hard by the rain fall last week.  Look!  A flower is about to open!! 

Maybe tomorrow??  Can't wait to see the flower!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment