Saturday, January 8, 2011

Gaura, Flash Forward!

I bought a plant called Gaura from Home Depot.  Unfortunately, my lack of knowledge and skills killed it pretty quickly.  However, I kept the seeds and planted them to see if I can save the plant, and it's working :)  Click here to see what this plant's seeds and seedling looked like back in October (approx. 3 months ago).

I transplanted the seedling as soon as its roots started to show under the peat pallet.  This is about after 3 weeks after seeding.

 True leaves started to emerge!  I transplanted the plant to a bigger pot. Unless the plant wants to grow big, this will be its permanent home.

 Approx. 2 weeks after the first true leave showed, the plant started to grow fast!

 And even 4 days after the picture above, Gaura is growing at an incredible speed.

This is how the plant looks like now. Approx. 3 months after seeding.  It's about 5-inches tall.  I am hoping to see the flowers this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment