Sunday, October 24, 2010

Primrose (Showy Evening)

I've actually tried Showy Evening Primrose earlier and successfully planted it in my yard but forgot to keep journal of it.  I just promised my bestfriend that I would give it to her to fill her nearly 3-acre yard, so I sowed the seeds again.

These are the Showy Evening Primrose seeds.  Very tiny, but each seed can grow to rather a tall plant.  I sowed them on 10-17-10.

Today, 10-24-10, is the 7th day, and a couple of the seeds germinated.  Look at them - seedlings are as tiny as the seeds.



SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Ferry Morse's PRIMROSE - Showy Evening (Oenothera Speciosa)
Seeds bought from: Home Depot
Origination of the seeds: USA
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 21-28 days - Mine took 7 days.
*  Days to bloom: 120-130 days
*  Plant height: 8-14 inches
*  Grows best: Sun/Partial Shade
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: February -March - I planted in October

No comments:

Post a Comment