Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Forget Me Not

"Forget Me Not" has been one of the flowers that I have always liked and wanted to have if I had a yard.  Well?  Now I have my own yard!  I shall plant the seeds and hope they grow to bear those tiny pretty blue flowers.


These are the seeds - how tiny!  It's hard to believe one seed will grow to a plant that bears flowers as I've known.  Again, I used the peat pallets to sow these seeds; I used three pallets and sowed three seeds in each one.


About a week after sowing the seeds, seedlings emerged from the peat pallets.  It's hard to see in this picture, but they are fuzzy!  8 out of 9 seeds germinated - I am happy!


SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Ferry Morse's FORGET ME NOT - Blue Bird
Seeds bought from: Home Depot
Origination of the seeds: USA
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 10-14 days - Mine took about a week to germinate
*  Days to bloom: 70-150 days - Mine took about 7 months (210 days)!
*  Plant height: 12 inches
*  Grows best: Sun/Part Shade
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: September - April - I planted in September

No comments:

Post a Comment