Monday, May 30, 2011

Coleus

Coleus has gorgeous foliage, and I would be happy to have it in my garden.

Seeds are tiny!

18 days after seeding, seedlings started to emerge.

This plant grows very slow.  The seedlings are still small even after 2 weeks after germination.

Still nothing notable has happened in 4 days. :(

Finally, little under 2 months after seeding, true leaves started to show.  I'm glad they are making some progress.  Phew!

...yet not much to notice even 3 more weeks had passed, but I planted the little seedlings into larger pots to give more room for root growth. 

About 2 weeks later, two more new leaves started to show.  I am getting a bit impatient with this plant.

Almost 4 months after seeding, my coleus started looking like one.  However, seriously, how long will it take to grow as big as I would like?

   SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Pinetree Garden Seeds COLEUS - Black Dragon
Seeds bought from: http://www.superseeds.com/
Origination of the seeds: Unknown
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 20-30 days - Mine took about 7 days to germinate
*  Days to bloom: 60-90 days
*  Plant height: 24 inches
*  Grows best: Full Sun
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: February-May & August - September - I planted in Octobe

No comments:

Post a Comment