Friday, May 6, 2011

Poona Keera Update

3 weeks after germination, Poona Keera showed its first true leaf, and roots started to grow out of the bottom of the cell packs, so I transplanted 2 survived seedlings into larger pots.  I read somewhere that a cucumber plant needs at least 12 inches across for the roots, but all I had were 9-inch pots :(  I hope my cucumbers grow in these pots without any problem!

I used Miracle Gro(R) Potting Soil and used some compost from my composter.

In a few days after being transplanted into a larger pot, the true leaf grew this much.

I can't believe it!  I didn't take any picture for one whole month - gah!  Anyway, one month has passed since the above picture, and both plants already have many buds.  Look at the base of the flowers - can  you see baby cucumbers?!  I thought they would fruit after flowers bloom, but I guess, it's not the case for cucumbers.

Cucumber flower which is about to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment