Monday, February 28, 2011

New Home For Gaura

I was extremely happy when I saw the first Gaura flower, but I suddenly started to wonder if the pot was too small.  I carefully and gently pulled the stem of the plant, and whoa, the whole thing just pulled out of the pot!  The roots were tightly tangled at the bottom, and I felt bad for not noticing this earlier.


 EEK! The roots needs more room!  (Observation: the roots are pink just like the leaves.)

I hope Gaura is happy in the new pot :)  Let me see more of those pretty flowers!

2 comments:

  1. No, or yes, depending on how you look at it. I tried to loosen the tangled area, and the roots broke. Well, there was nothing I can do to re-attach the broken roots, so I guess I ended up 'pruning' it (accidentally). Now, the plant looks happier though!

    ReplyDelete