Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spring Has Come For Freesia!

Wow, wow, wow!  Here and there and everywhere, freesia flowers started to open in my yards. I planted the bulbs on 10/5/10, so it took little less than 5 months to see these pretty, frangrant flowers :)


 At this stage, I couldn't be 100% sure what color the flowers of this one would be - maybe yellow?

 These are from my front yard.  They smell wonderful!

 Close up shot of the freesia in the front yard. 

These lavender colored freesia is the 'stray' ones that appeared in the backyard unexpectedly.  Apparently, the previous owner planted freesia bulbs throughout the yards.  It sure was a pleasant surprise to me!

A few days later, red flower started to open in the front yard.  While the yellow ones look cute and cheerful, the red ones are quite ellegant.

More red flowers opened in the backyard.  They look great with the dianthus and the calla lilies!

No comments:

Post a Comment