Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cosmos - Day Dream

Actually, I grew Cosmos already, but I didn't keep any record.  So, here I go again, and this time, I will blog about it.  Last time, I grew ordinary, Pink-Red-White ones and dwarf Yellow-Orange kind, but this time, I will grow "Day Dream".

These are the seeds.  Pretty large and easy to see (believe me, tiny seeds are quite hard to plant because I can't see where they are on the soil) - I seeded 4 of them at this time.


7 days after seeding, the first seedling emerged.


In 2 weeks after seeding, all 4 seedlings sprouted out. They look happy with the "Banzai" pose :)

SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Thompson & Morgan's Cosmos: Daydream
Seeds bought from: Thompson & Morgan
Origination of the seeds: Holland, Packed in UK
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 7-14 days - Mine took about 7 days to germinate
*  Days to bloom: N/A
*  Plant height: 36 inches
*  Grows best: Full Sun
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: Unknown - I planted in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment