Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's Poona Keera?

What do you imagine if I tell you I am growing Poona Keera?  It is a kind of cucumbers.  This variety originally came from Inida, and it is supposedly super delicious, crisp, juicy, sweet and mild - so why not try grow it? 

These are the seeds.  They look like cantalope seeds, but it makes sense since cucumbers and melons are in the same family, huh?  I planted 4 seeds.

12  days later, the first seedling sprouted, and its leaves opened up in a couple days after...I am very excited! Stay tuned for futher report on this cucumber!

SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Pinetree Garden Seed's Cucumber Poona Keera
Seeds bought from: Pinetree Garden Seeds
Origination of the seeds: N/A
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: N/A - Mine took about 12 days to germinate
*  Days to fruit: 53 days - Mine took 92 days to fruit (first harvest)
*  Plant height: N/A - Mine are about 12-inches tall
*  Grows best: N/A
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: Unknown - I planted in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment