Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunflower - Harlequin

When summer comes, sunflowers had better be in my yard.  I remember, long, long time ago, when I was in the 2nd grade, my classmates and I grew sunflowers as a science class project.  I vaguely remember the result was quite disappointing, though.

This time, I plan to do well.  I am going to grow Sunflower Harlequin.  Supposedly, it is a multi-stem veriety, so I should be able to enjoy more than 2 flowers per plant.


These are the seeds.  Stripe ones and black ones were both in the package.  I wonder if they are the same?  I planted one black and one stripe seeds, just to see what's different.

 
13 days later, black seed germinated.


SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Thompson & Morgan's Sunflower - Harlequin F1 Hybrid
Seeds bought from: Thompson & Morgan
Origination of the seeds: Holland, Packed in UK
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 10-21 days - Mine took about 13 days to germinate
*  Days to bloom: N/A
*  Plant height: 4-5 ft
*  Grows best: Full Sun
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: March - May - I planted in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment