Friday, April 22, 2011

Almost, almost!

The Blanket Flower bud I wrote about last month was snapped off by the winds or something and eventually died :(  However, the giant (literally!) Blanket Flower planted in the backyard started to show some buds right after the 'casualty' in the front yard.  It's been over a month since I found this bud, but I haven't yet to see the first flower.  Talk about patience!

The giant Blanket Flower in the backyard is about 3-feet tall while the one in the front yard is about 10-inches tall.  I don't know if this is normal because the ones I see in my neighbors' yards aren't this big.

The bud.  Looks as though each petal is an individual bud, don't you agree?

3 days after the above picture was taken, and while I see a slight change, it doesn't seem like it's ready to open anytime soon.  I guess I will have to wait several more days. 

Patience, patience...
It has been almost 7 months since I seeded the seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment