Thursday, April 7, 2011

Citrus

Here are random pictures of the citrus trees I have in my yard. I bought small, stick-like plants when I first moved to this house in May 2010.


From left: Lemon, Naval Orange and Lime.  I bought these at Wal-Mart for $14.00 each.  They were so thin and small that I was skeptical they would even fruit in the next few years.

--- But! ----

Lemon buds in December 2010.

The first lemon flower opened almost one month after the above picture was taken.  Wow, that was a long wait!

In two weeks, the first flower petals fell and showed a tiny fruit.  Can you see it?  Unfortunately, the flower shown here didn't fruit and fell off completely few days later.

 The survived baby lemon, one week after the above picture was taken.

In a few weeks, Lime tree started to have buds!

 Nearly a month later, the first Lime flower finally opened.  I didn't realize citrus flowers take this long to open!

We had summer-like hot days, and lime flowers came and went quickly.  It looks like I will have a plenty supply of limes this summer.  Thinking of making lime pies already!

And this is the lemon.  It's still tiny, but it is getting bigger and bigger each day.  See the lemon shape?

2 more baby lemons and a bud that I think will open in a few days.

This is my Satsuma Mandarin tree.  This, too, started to show some buds.

Since I've never grown fruits, I am pretty excited about these little fruits!  Stay tuned for their development :)

No comments:

Post a Comment