Sunday, October 17, 2010

Calla Lily

Calla Lilies look so elegant, and it must be one of the most popular flowers used for bridal bouquet.  I would love to have them in my yard, just because.  I planted 2 bulbs in the backyard (full sun) and 2 in the front yard (partial shades) and see how they grow differently.  It's too bad I forgot to take pictures of the bulbs, and I didn't note when I planted them (although I remember it was at the end of August).

 I waited for a long, long time to see this little guy!  I think I waited almost a month.  This one is from the back yard.
Once the tip was out of the ground, the Calla Lily started to grow very fast.  This was taken about 3 days later.

These are from the front yard.  They came out about a week before the bulbs planted in the backyard.  These are probably a week old after sprouting.

 A few days later from the picture above.  Being happy and growing fast!

 
About a week after the above picture (today is 10-17-10).  Look at them!  The leaves are open and big; I wonder when I get to see the flowers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment