Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Freesia!

I noticed at a local home center that they were selling bulbs.  I remember seeing some paper bags marked "Mom's bulbs.  Don't touch, don't eat" sitting in the fridge when I was young.  Hm...do I have to do that too?  I did some online research and found out that I may not have to, thanks to the warm climate San Diego offers.

OK.  No digging in the winter, so I shall try bulbs.  I picked FREESIA bulbs.

Freesia bulbs.  There are 10 bulbs in the package I purchased, so I planted them at several different parts in my front and back yards.

The instruction says the bulbs should be planted in 2-inch deep and need a 4-inch space between each other. I dug soil and planted the bulbs 2-inch deep. But isn't a 4-inch space too sporadic?  I decided to give about 2.5 inches of space.
One of the spots I planted the bulbs.  I used a craft stick and noted the date (10-4-10) I planted.  I am so looking forward to see rhe sprouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment