Saturday, October 23, 2010

Geranium

My mom had Geraniums in our yard, and I didn't like the plant because the leaves smelled funny.  However, as I see them in my neighborhood, I must admit the flowers are pretty.

I bought a packet of seeds that was on sale from an online seed retailor called Thompson & Morgan.  

These are the Geranium seeds that I bought.  Don't they kind of look like little bugs?!  I will plant all 6 and see how many will germinate.

2 of the 6 seeds I planted on 10/17 already germinated on 10/22.  It took only 5 days!

SEED INFORMATION:
Seeds I bought: Thompson & Morgan's GERANIUM - Vogue appleblossom
Seeds bought from: Thompson & Morgan
Origination of the seeds: Holland
According to the package:
*  Days to germination: 7-14 days (at 70-75F) - Mine took 5 days (10-22-10).
*  Days to bloom: N/A
*  Plant height: N/A
*  Grows best: Full Sun
*  Recommended planting season for San Diego: January - March - I planted in October (10-17-10) 

No comments:

Post a Comment